Please check back for upcoming events.
Who Should Attend
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of the Airport LEO Training Class, you will be familiar with the Airport Security Plan (ASP) as well as the regulations that govern airport security. The course is designed to prepare personnel to perform the law enforcement officer functions as required by 49CFR 1542.217. Upon completion, you should know and understand:
- The effects of Terrorism and Violent actions on airport security
- The working functions of the agencies with airport security responsibility
- The purpose of the Airport Security Plan/Program (ASP)
- The liaison role of the airport law enforcement with other agencies
- Reporting actions of changed conditions in airport security
Conducted in a classroom setting, the Airport LEO Training Course is designed around the defined learning objectives listed above. Student knowledge is guided through a mixture of lecture, interactive discussion, practical exercises and scenario resolution concerning current topics within aviation. Upon successful completion of the Airport LEO Training Course, students will receive a Certificate of Completion that can be added to their training profile and ASP. Students should also undergo on-the-job practical applications as needed.
NOTE: THIS AIRPORT LEO TRAINING CLASS CONTAINS SECURITY SENSITIVE INFORMATION AND IS LIMITED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AND LAW ENFORCEMENT SUPPORTING PERSONNEL ONLY.